Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Are You Really on the Inside? Or Just Playing it From the Outside?


     

       Welcome to the New Year everyone, where Singaporeans who flew north for the cold and south for the sun now return to the famous city of the good and high life. Many returning to school; and many enjoying the sun a little longer than they should. Parties have started and may I say so has the drama which isn't such a secret as most think since it’s made public every single weekend and day. The year's scarcely turned and already the secrets have begun. Where will it end this time? The new year isn't about what happened, it's about what's to come. But less on that… Movies always portray the glamorous life and goods we can only dream of. For some people it is reality to be born with a silver spoon while for others it is simply just a fairy tale. But spoiled brats don’t just happen, sometimes there made.

       Everyone dreams of being successful or well known in life, but most of all above everything else happy. Well you would think they would want to be happy. Nowadays it puzzles me. Nobody is happy; they just want that amazing life where they get what they want; where just a flash of their credit card or saying someone’s name will open any door in your life. Admit it. All people want now is to be on the inside. I used to want that yeah, who doesn't  I enjoyed the good life for as long as I could but realized I could find my own happiness without having to force it to happen in my life.

       Having people know my name and get things for free felt like everything, but it only made me realize that I was some narcissistic materialistic and shallow person. I’m me. I’m not changing who I am for anything. And if I do it’s for the best not the fake and the worst. I left that lifestyle and found my happiness and I couldn't be happier. Social media seems to be everything now and people use it to confess to their loves or crushes, or spill their ‘friends’ secrets, or get revenge.  And these days there is a lot of this revenge and drama stirring around. 

       Seriously? This is the 21st century people, it’s 2013. You are no longer little kids who are going around trying to get back at crushes who forget you or friends who leave you or trick you. Act like an adult because when you grow up and are working and trying to support yourself in life all these games and drama will not get you anywhere. Only bring you down and leave you in an alley all alone with no friends.  Clubbing is fun yes I can totally admit to that but if you say to everyone that it’s something you don’t want to do anymore and you want to focus on your studies then do it! Live your life to the fullest; go out with friends; be honest. Don’t just be all talk and no action and say you want to change when actually you are just going to run back to your old life of play pretend. Everyone talks about changing their lives for the best but it didn't take much time for some to dirty up their clean slates.

       When you are on the inside nobody cares about you. They care about your social status and your money and your connections. When you are on the outside you have a chance to make genuine friends and live a drama free live and just learn to appreciate the little things and moments that appear. And you have a chance to let love appear in your life. You can’t force love to happen. And dating someone for a couple of hours or days doesn't mean you were in a relationship nor had love. You had a fling that’s all. It cannot be something you plan. It comes to you like an answered prayer. I wasn't looking for it and it just found me. I’m happy with my life now. Drama free, I have my very small group of friends but at least they are real with no masks on. And I have the love of my life to guide me and support me and love me each day.  

       Just be careful walking down the primrose path. You may find hell instead of happily ever after. One thing about being on the top of the world, it gives you a long, long way to fall. 

                 So be happy with your life and do what is right.
                                 Find yourself a great place…
                                          On the outside ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment