Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who’s Next To You?


“Imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know it's the greatest moment of your life and you get to experience it with one person. Who's standing next to you?”

       We all have dreams. When we are little we dream of becoming a fire-fighter, a police man, a doctor, dentist, singer, prince or princess, baker, someone famous. We all have dreams. And it’s all about us. But when those dreams come true, who is the person standing next to you?

       I have so many friends some good some amazing. Each day that list gets shorter though. And whenever that list gets shorter, there are a couple names that stay there. They are glued on that list forever. 

*Mariana Guedes. She was and remains to this day, as my best friend in the entire world. So many times she has been there for me. I could call her up at any time of the day to talk literally for hours. We laugh together, smile together, and cry together. We are meant for each other. Even now from far away I can still talk to her about anything no matter what time it is there or here. She is one of the most important people in my life. I will never ever forget her. 





*Kelvin Pooh: Kelvin is by far one of my closest friends ever. Met him at Holland Village for dinner with a whole group of friends. Of course I thought he was from SG but apparently he's Indonesian; I only realized that about a month later...Anyway, he has always been there for me throughout everything. We worked together for couple months which was totally awesome having him there; we go out all the time; we take thousands of pics together. Being around him is just the best time. You forget about all you problems and just start to smile and laugh and enjoy your day. Always gonna be my bff ;)



*Noel: Noel and I met quite randomly...we had only talked on twitter back and forth a couple times cause we had mutual friends and we had said hi to each other couple times at meet ups and birthdays. So I jokingly once said I'd bring him cupcakes from 12Cupcakes (amazing btw) to cheer him up at work since he was stressed. So of course I did. First thing that comes out of his mouth when he sees me honest to God was: "Hey Bitch!!" right in front of H&M so all could hear. But the past couple of months having him as a good friend has been great. He's really opened my eyes to realize you don't need to have a large group of friends to be happy. Even having one or two is okay. You just need to be yourself and be happy. There's absolutely no need to always go out and party and prove who has the most friends or is the most 'known'. As long as in the end of the day you have that close group to always be there for you. Noel will always be a close friend of mine no matter what. Even if sometimes I know I may piss him off, I know I know...he still is awesome in his own crazy way.



And last but not least...

*SohWynn: At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one. Now imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know it's the greatest moment of your life and you get to experience it with one person. For me that’s him. He helped me love myself when I felt like nobody else did. He helped me become a better person and ignore the rest of the world and how they thought of me. Their opinions don’t matter to me, only his does. Because the only person I’d want to please and see happy most of all is him. The one gave up so much to change for me and loves me each day knowing how hard it may be because like many others is afraid of the future or me letting him go. But I know life gets better, it always does. And each day having him with me is a blessing and I can never say how thankful I am to have him in my life. 



       Amazing how I cannot write down anymore names from my past. People really do come and go. People really do leave impacts on your life. And in my case there are not good ones. Moving is the worst thing for anyone. And for me it is hell. I thought the years here would be hell. My life would be hell. 

Find that group of best friends, otherwise you are truly alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment