Sunday, January 13, 2013

Driving on an Open Highway




“…Just like driving on an open highway,
never knowing what we’re gonna find…”

       Lady Antebellum in their song “Our Kind Of Love” say: “…Just like driving on an open highway, never knowing what we’re gonna find…” It makes you wonder doesn't it? I love going on road trips with friends, who doesn't! You pick a place, pack your bags, grab your camera, put on your favorite CD and hit the road. It can be anywhere. The great thing is that you know the destination right. But what is cool as that you don’t know what will happen during the journey.

       Coming to Singapore 3 years ago, I knew where I was going, what was there, who was there and why I was going. It was like an overseas road trip for me let’s say. What I didn't know was what would happen during the time there. I found out I loved the city, I loved the people…well most of them ;)…I grew up, I made mistakes, and I found love, and the adventure had just begun.

       We go about our lives knowing what we want and where we want to be in the near future, but we never think about what could happen. That is the best yet also scariest part of the journey. You discover new things about different people you encounter in your life, yet the best part is that you discover new things about yourself. If it’s good, than you are moving on in life and you are learning to accept change and grow as a person. If it’s bad, than it’s a new challenge in your life, and you now have the chance to make things right.



       Think about the destination but don't think too much about it. By doing that, you will only concentrate on that and you forget about everything else. Let it happen, let your life take place and let the journey take you where you are supposed to be. The most important thing is what life puts in your way so you can take control of your life’s steering wheel and make all the stops you can. You never know what you will find. Make stops, explore, take risks, and make memories. You never know when life will end. Enjoy it now and have fun. Life is a true road trip…it truly is like driving on an open highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment