Friday, January 11, 2013

A Bad Batch of Brownies




       One of my favorite types of deserts is brownies. I used to make them all the time at home and for my friends. I did regular chocolate ones, cappuccino, and also mint. My friends absolutely loved them and always asked me for them. Even people who weren't really friends just people I knew. For me people are like brownies. Sometimes they are nice and warm, and sometimes bad and hard. They may in this case a good batch, or a bad batch of brownies.

       It’s funny isn't it? How people won’t recognize you or give you the time of day because you are a certain way that they don’t approve or you don’t have newest ‘it’ item like them. And the moment that they see something you have that they like whether it is an object or any characteristic about you, then they come running to you as if you are the closest of friends.

       In my case I attracted people with the desserts I made. Nobody liked me because I was different. I hung out with different people for different reasons. If I didn't feel comfortable with a person it was for a certain reason. You cannot make someone change or act a certain way just because you don’t approve. People never liked me for who I was and didn't care about what I had to offer. And honestly being around people like that hurts. To be rejected again and again over and over. Nobody should have to be rejected for the way they are or the way they act or think or love. 

       People say you have to ''prove'' yourself to earn somebodies trust. You shouldn't have to prove yourself to anyone. Just be yourself no matter what about is different. If people can’t accept that then find people who do. Life isn't created for you to please others. I say this yet I do it also. But I’ m learning at last what it means to live life for yourself and not for other people.

          It is scary I admit, because now you are on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment